Sunday, October 16, 2022

Progress

Well, I am busy administering dog medicine, and Rosie seems to be feeling much better. She is refusing the antibiotic pills, so I hide them in a chunk of wiener, which she will eat. I just have to watch her to make sure she doesn’t eat the wiener and spit out the pill. 

I finished the alterations on Kathryn’s homecoming dress.


It turned out to be a little more work than I bargained on. I was able to open the lining at one of the back darts, make the needed alterations, and hand stitch the lining closed. There are four rows of ostrich feathers that had to be taken off and restitched once the seams were taken up.

This is par for the course for girls that are tall and skinny. Once you find something long enough, it is generally too big in the body. Once upon a time I was tall and skinny myself. Now I am just tall. LOL.

I also got The binding on Roger’s quilt and sent it home with his mom.


I really hope he will love it and use it. He’s already eight, so I don’t know how much longer he will like the Mario print. No worries….I can make another whenever he wants it.

I have another granddaughter that wants me to teach her to crochet, so that is on the agenda to happen pretty soon. The kids never have much free time, and I really don’t either, but I will make time for them. 

I spent Saturday afternoon putting binding on customer quilts so I am not working much on my own stuff. Maybe soon.

1 comment:

  1. I just realized I need to sign up for updates on your blog! Is Rosie your kitty or a dog? Working on clothes is such a different ballgame isn't it - and our families always think it is easy for us! "Since you sew, would you hem my pants, take this seam in, repair this hole, etc" - lol!

    ReplyDelete