Saturday, October 29, 2022

Making Progress


Yesterday felt like one of those days when you just spin your wheels and don't get too much done, but when I looked at the camera roll on my phone, I think I did more than I thought. I got a quilt on the frame and finished.

I don't know if you an see the quilt pattern or not, but it is called Animal Crackers and has lions, elephants, and giraffes in it. I also got the binding cut for this one. I hope to get it put on tomorrow if things go well. 

I got the binding sewn down on two other quilts. I had already sewn the binding to the back and pressed it to the front, so only had to topstitch it down.


I really like the Tula Pink prints in the second one. I'll be sad to see that one go home. It's a simple design, but the colors are so pretty. 

When I left my shop on Thursday, I stopped at the Midcoast Family Thrift Store (it's part of the Midcoast Family Services that I make quilts for), and found two Pyrex baking dishes.....$3.00 for both of them.

I think some of mine are now living at my daughter's house, or maybe my mom's house, so I was excited to find these. I also found this tea kettle which I took to my shop.


I'm not sure if it will go on the stove or on a shelf, but it was too cute to pass up. I don't plan to use it; I just like the way it looks.

So today is an early football game. I wish it wasn't so early, but it's their last game of the season, so I am going to make an effort to be there. A customer is coming later today to talk about some memory quilts she wants made. Not sure how long that will take, but I want to spend enough time with her to get a good feel for what she wants. I truly like doing the memory quilts, but it always feels like a big responsibility.

2 comments:

  1. Those are pretty quilts!. Nothing makes me happier than finds at a thrift store or consignment shop. Love that tea kettle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love thrift stores! Even when I don’t find anything I need, it’s fun to look.

      Delete